Gamecock coat color
Beautiful colors can give people visual enjoyment. Traditionally, cyan, red, purple, soap, and white are the upper five colors of sabong cocks, four middle colors are li, gray, reed flower, and persimmon yellow, and the others are all lower colors. Moreover, the specific color of each part of the chicken body of each color is also strictly regulated. If there is a slight difference, the grade will drop. These standards have been recognized and followed by people for thousands of years. Here, the traditional Central Plains game cock coat color standards are introduced as follows:
- Green Chicken
The so-called green chicken is a black chicken, which is the upper color in cockfighting. The beauty it gives people is unmatched by other colors.
Authentic green chickens, covered in green feathers, glisten in the sunlight, radiating a green bag-like luster, green and emerald green. And it must have a flower tail (the flower tail is white in the tail clip, and the neck is rarely white, and no other colors are allowed), and the undercoat (that is, the fluff under the outer feathers) must be snow white. Black and white are bright and dazzling, giving people a sense of clarity. Practice has proved that it is very difficult to purify a standard green chicken from variegated chickens, and it is even more difficult to do so from generation to generation.
Green chickens with white stripes on the big wings and white spots on the head and neck are allowed, but not too many. White spots on the head are called “snowflake tops”. The female green chicken is covered with green feathers and tails, with snowflakes on the head, and a small amount of white spots on the waist and back.
The legs, beak and claws of the green chicken are yellow. The color of the young chickens after hatching is black with duck-yellow down. The ratio of black and yellow varies, and some are pure black, which are called “green velvet” or “black velvet”.
According to the ratio of neck and tail white feathers, green chickens can be divided into the following types:
(1) Large-tailed green chicken Most of the floating feathers are snow-white, with black tips, and more than 50% white tail hairs and cap tail hairs, which look like white tails at first glance. Neck graying.
(2) Small-flowered-tailed green chicken: Floating feathers are half white, cap tails are mixed, black tail hairs are pressed, and necks are slightly white.
(3) White sand-tailed green chicken The floating hair is half white, and the tail hair is covered and pressed slightly white, as if there is a little white sand on the tail. Neck black.
(4) Qinghongfan has green lines when it grows up, and is called Qinghong chicken. According to the amount of red hair and the position of birth, it can be divided into: ①Only those with red hair on the neck and the back ridge , called “red tired”; all over the neck, called “red neck”. ②If only the waist has red hair, it is called “red waist”; if it has yellow hair, it is called “yellow waist”, and so on. ③Those with red hair on the neck, waist and even shoulders are commonly called “Qinghong”. Qinghong chicken also has a small amount of white feathers, and the large wings are black.
This kind of feather color is inferior, and it is easy to appear this kind of coat color after being mixed with external blood. More detailed sabong information is provided by 888 sabong.
- Red Rooster
Authentic red rooster, with bright red head, neck and waist, black cocktail, taupe undercoat, heavy-colored shoulders and back, reddish purple, red wings, large wing feathers black, top covered with aileron feathers, each aileron with feathers The axis is the boundary, the top is black and the bottom is red, forming red wings. Because of one feather and two colors, it is also called “Yin Yang bladder”. The chest, abdomen, and thighs are black, and the mouth, eyes, and claws are yellow. The red chicken must not have white hairs all over its body, otherwise the quality will drop. There are few red chickens that can meet the standard of authentic red chickens. Generally, red chickens are mostly “chimney red” color, which is also authentic. Smoke red is still reddish, but darker. The shoulders are purple and black, and the chest, abdomen, and thighs The color is deep and heavy, as if a chicken has emerged from the smoke and is covered in soot, so it is also called “smoke in the fire”, which is lower than the standard of authentic red chicken.
Shengzong’s red hens are pea-white, that is, light yellow to natural, lighter than the color of millet, with snow-white undercoat, brown brand and black tail. If the coat color is yellowish and heavier than millet, it is called “red bean yellow”. If the color is heavier and slightly brownish red, it is called “red bean”. Authentic red hens are all white down after hatching. Some necks are slightly duck yellow. If the cones of other thread colors grow into red chickens, they are not authentic red chickens, especially after the blood is mixed, the cones are brownish red, or light red with black stripes, etc., and they are not authentic red chickens. If there are white lines in the dimension, most of them will be black when they grow up. It looks like a green chicken and is called “red and green chicken”, but it is actually a “string cover chicken”, that is, a hybrid chicken.
- Purple Chicken
The so-called purple chicken is a transitional breed between green chicken and red chicken. Because it has become a system and has its own characteristics, it is also an authentic five-color purple rooster and red rooster. The difference in appearance is not very big. The color is as heavy as jujube, and the color is deeper than that of red chicken. The brightness is poorer, especially the neck and waist are not as bright and dazzling as the red chicken.
There are two types of purple chicken:
(1) The so-called “Baicheng” of white and purple chickens refers to the fact that the Wei chickens are white and fluffy after being bred, which is the same as that of red chickens. The color of growth is heavier than that of red chicken, the bottom is grayish brown, and the aileron feathers are also half black and half red, forming the yin and yang bladders, and other parts are the same as red chickens. White line purple chicken is close to red chicken. The difference is that the hen of red chicken is bean white, while the hen of white line purple chicken is cowpea red or cowpea yellow. The bottom color of cowpea yellow and cowpea red hens is taupe, and this bottom line color is the standard for distinguishing red chickens from chickens. For example, the surface color of two roosters is not much different. They are both red chickens, but whether they are red chickens or purple chickens depends on whether their females are Libean white or Cowpea yellow.
(2) Violet, as the name suggests, is black thread after the cone comes out of the shell, and grows into a dark color, which is “black velvet purple chicken”. The color of the black velvet purple chicken is deeper than that of the white velvet chicken, with less red parts, black neck, black wings, black chest and belly, only the shoulders and back are dark red, and the undercoat is also black, which looks like blue at first glance. Chicken, but the bladder is yin and yang. Black velvet purple chicken is close to green chicken. The black velvet purple hen is black, the color is deeper than the green hen, and the undercoat is black. The color of the undercoat is the main basis for distinguishing green chickens from purple chickens. It is unreliable to distinguish only from the red hair on the body, because there are also “green chickens” with red hairs in the blue. The bottom fleece belongs to the green chicken family; if it is black bottom fleece, it belongs to the purple chicken family. The word “soap” means black, and “soap chicken” is a black chicken, which is different from green chicken. The whole body of soap chicken is black, without bright parts, and the mouth and legs are black, or there are black stripes and spots , Also known as “Sangpi legs” and “Sangpi legs”, the same is true for hens.
The biggest difference between the green chicken and the soap chicken is: the undercoat of the green chicken is snow-white, while the soap chicken has “one feather and three colors”, that is, the feathers are black, the down is gray, and there are stars near the skin. Little white fluff. Because soap chickens are also black and not as bright as green chickens, with a clear contrast between black and white, not many people feed them. In addition, soap chickens and green chickens are transformed into green chickens, so soap chickens that meet the standards are rare. After the soap chickens come out of the shell, they have black lines, and their beaks and legs are black or mostly black.
- white chicken
The white rooster should be said to be the “handsome guy” among sabong. Its whole body is as white as jade, crystal clear as snow, without any speckle of color on its body, and matches the red face. cloud. White chickens with white beak, white feathers, white legs, and white claws without any variegation are top grade.
Because sabong are mainly about fighting, and “the bright ones are easy to get dirty”, the white cocks are covered with blood stains after a battle, and if they don’t go away for a long time, they are likely to arouse people’s disgust. Therefore, there are few breeders, and even if they are free, they are mainly for viewing , Do not fight easily. So is the hen. The young chickens are white velvet when they come out of the shell, and the thread surface is gray, which is the authentic white cone thread color
- Other colored chickens
(-) The raccoon color refers to the color of the yellow raccoon cat. The chicken’s neck, back, waist and chest all have alternate shades of red and yellow, especially the waist, with black tail. Cone fleece is orange.
(2) The color is gray all over, with black tail, the color is as deep as iron, and the lighter color is called “silver gray”. The cone-out shell is gray velvet, which is lower than other colors.
(3) Persimmon yellow Yellow bright like a red chicken, yellowish, that is, yellow breast and red belly. The hen is cowpea white or rainbow bean red. cone fleece golden
(4) Reed flower The color is like the reed chicken among domestic chickens, and also like the ornamental bird “guinea fowl”. The hen is gray, black or reed color. The chicks are gray and there are many other lower-colored chickens. For example, green chickens with yellow hair on the shoulders are called “golden shoulders”; those with white or gray hairs on the back are called “silver backs”; camel red”. There are also “Yinqian”, “Red”, “Oil”, “Cauliflower” and so on.
Since the reform and opening up, a large number of foreign chickens have entered. People took a fancy to its innate condition of being strong and strong, so they crossed it with Zhongyuan chicken, and a large number of hybrid chickens appeared. High, mixed blood (Chinese and foreign hybrid chickens) and the Central Plains chicken three points of the world. Moreover, the status of “kebab” is still rising, and the coat colors of gamecocks are becoming more varied. Many players only talk about winning or losing, without considering other factors, and a large part of the ornamental value of cockfighting is lost.
Anyone familiar with cockfighting knows that although the stamina and level of most chickens have improved to a certain extent after crossbreeding, the change is mainly reflected in the endurance. The increase in fighting skills and level is not obvious. feel that. What is even more regrettable is that the appearance and image of gamecocks and their disc nature have both declined (the so-called disc nature refers to the spirit of a game cock who would rather die than surrender, and fight at the sight of a cock. It can also be said that the character is “sexual”, and “disc” refers to the character of this character in the sabong field. If you are good at fighting, you will attack bravely from beginning to end, unless you die in battle, you will never show weakness, let alone run away. Good fighting skills do not mean good fighting skills, nor does it mean good looks, which is different from Wo Fen). The two sides in the confrontation only competed in endurance, and if they couldn’t hold on, they ran away, which abandoned Gu Qiang’s fighting spirit. Faced with this situation, how can we ensure that the blood chicken’s style of play, stamina, and plate performance are simultaneously improved? How can you combine fighting skills, endurance, death-rather fighting spirit, and attractive appearance? It is a question that people who really play should consider.